“It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Small changes can make a big impact in your life. Healthy habits can benefit your mental, physical, and emotional health. Education plays a major role in the development of public health and essentially changing the behaviors of residents in Marion County.
AMP increases awareness, fosters healthy behaviors, and encourages physical activity through health education messaging, app challenges, and community outreach.
Moving toward achieving measurable impacts on the health education of our community:
- Health education graphics & messaging via social and digital media, electronic kiosks, and print resources
- Group education sessions, cooking demonstrations, and employee wellness opportunities
- Support in promoting movement activities such as walking groups or healthy living competitions and community events
Social & Digital Media
AMP has 10 electronic kiosk in the community. These kiosk are used to display health messaging as well as upcoming events and promotions for our community partners. We are happy to share your information. Please email a PNG or PEG to email@example.com
Health Education Graphics
Here are a few examples of our shareable media, but feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for something different or more specific.
- It can be hard to motivate kids to put the remove down and get up to play, but the Family Fitness Popsicle Stick workout may be just the motivation your child needs. Here are some ideas to add to your popsicle sticks.
- Farmer markets are a great resource to find farm fresh fruits, vegetables, and other local goods. They also support local farmers and business owners, which is great for our community. Here is a list of current farmer markets in Marion County.
- Is laughing the best medicine? Here are some benefits of laughing.
Community outreach for Active Marion Project includes collaboration and partnership, health education campaign and multi-media engagement. A few examples of this are:
- Partner with community organizations to provide education on health and wellbeing.
- Promote messages such as the benefits of healthy lifestyles and encouraging people to make healthy choices. This will include messages about quitting smoking, chronic disease prevention and management, the importance of good nutrition and being physically active.
- Create and implement AMP healthy challenges.
Map My Miles
Ever wonder how far you have walked or wish there was a map that would let you know how many steps you have taken? Then, here ya go! AMP has created maps for popular areas in Marion County that you may visit. Click on the maps below to view:
The education series is free for workplaces and community partners and presented by professional experts. The goal is to inform people of the benefits of healthy behaviors, risks of obesity and development of chronic diseases and support healthy choices through education opportunities. A list of classes offered can be found here, but if there is anything specific that is not listed, please let us know.